Nicole saved some hard cash on her dream kitchen area renovation by shopping for new builder grade cabinets and portray them herself, as an alternative of paying out for pre-painted dark grey kitchen area cabinets. This complete kitchen area renovation is so inspiring, with some fantastic suggestions for renovating on a finances, we know you are going to appreciate it!
Painting kitchen area cabinets is a significant task, so you are going to want to select a common cupboard color. Nicole selected a lovely dark grey kitchen area cupboard paint and paired it with white subway tile, white solid floor counter tops, and nickel and stainless steel components and appliances for an incredible complete kitchen area renovation right before and soon after!
Total Kitchen Renovation with Dark Grey Kitchen Cupboards
Submitted by Nicole from This Minimal Momma
When we moved into our property, by much the kitchen area was my favourite space in the whole property! I made that kitchen area to how I wished my kitchen area to be. It appeared like this right before we changed the cabinets with painted dark grey kitchen area cabinets:
Related: five Need to-Examine Ideas Before Transforming Your Kitchen
We fully gutted the kitchen area, changed the electrical and then built it to our wants.
I painted the kitchen area cabinets a dark grey (Sherwin-Williams Peppercorn) which is a pleasant charcoal grey paint color. We just made use of builder grade cabinets. We added molding to the best of the cabinets to develop the glimpse of tailor made built cabinets.
Related: How to Paint Kitchen Cupboards (so you only have to do it as soon as)
I selected white subway tile as the backsplash. All the stainless steel appliances had been new but acquired in the scratch and dent division of the equipment shop.
Luke truly wished to set a breakfast bar separating the kitchen area and the dining space. Eventually we resolved that executing that would not be a incredibly area savvy prepare so as an alternative we built a 30 inch long wall to centre the entryway of the kitchen area & dining space.
Renovating a kitchen area? See much more illustrations of well known kitchen area layouts right here.
And At last!! The images only two images I have of my concluded kitchen area (hey I had a new child, images had been the last factor on my intellect).
Our dark grey kitchen area cabinets, painted from essential builder grade cabinets:
Very well what do you imagine of our dark grey kitchen area cabinets? We cherished it! And now we miss out on it because we have moved.
Related: Finest Grey Kitchen Cabinet Paint Hues
Resources: Dark Charcoal Grey Kitchen Cupboards + Subway Tile
This submit has affiliate backlinks. Find out much more and browse our complete disclosure coverage right here.
- Kitchen Cupboards: The low-priced-o builders grade cabinets from Property Depot– we sanded, primed, and painted them dark grey: Sherwin-Williams Peppercorn.
- Components- Property Depot – similar brushed nickel cup pulls right here and brushed nickel cupboard knobs right here.
- Faucet– Property Depot (similar right here)
- Light around sink- IKEA (similar right here)
- White Subway Tile Backsplash- Property Depot low-priced things once again (similar right here)
- Appliances: We purchased all of our appliances from scratch and dent. Our dishwasher was from Property Depot and our microwave, stove, and fridge had been from the area Sears Scratch and Dent shop (all with each other underneath $1500!! The fridge was originally $2500ish and had one smaller dent on the back and a incredibly incredibly smaller scratch on the front- I imagine we paid $800 for it)
- The sink came absolutely free with our purchase of the solid floor countertop
- The hanging shelf underneath the cabinets is from IKEA
- Counter tops are Corian with grey specks in them from Property Depot. (I imagine this was it Silver Birch — closest now available is almost certainly Antarctica)
- Ceramic Tile flooring– as soon as once again the most affordable things we could discover. People toddlers had been $1/sq ft. We matched them up to the costly things we truly liked and they had been the same thickness so it was a no brainer to help save as a lot $ as we could! We like how it turned out!
Additional grey kitchen area cabinets you are going to appreciate:
Update March 2019: Nicole has stopped running a blog and her internet site is no extended available, so the backlinks to her former blog site have been taken off.
Originally published twelve.26.eleven // Last up to date 02.twenty five.20